The skills you will gain:
- Administering and recording vital signs
- Assist patients with activities of daily living
- Caring for patients (including those with dementia and Alzheimer’s disease)
- Serving and feeding meals to patients
- Understanding and following safety and emergency procedures
The career options you will have:
Most of our Home Health Aide graduates work for home healthcare agencies full time to provide basic care for patients in their homes. Because home health patients need care at all hours, your schedule may include nights, weekends, and holidays.
The credentials you will earn:
As a Philadelphia Job Corps student, you will have the opportunity to earn credentials in your training area. This will set you apart from others in your field and may lead to greater employment opportunities, higher wages, and promotions. In the Certified Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide training program, you will earn nationally recognized credentials from the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) and a state-issued credential/license.
- HHA certification
- BLS for Healthcare Providers
The requirements you need to start training:
- Complete the core Job Corps curriculum with passing scores on all written and performance tests.
- Comply with state requirements that may involve a criminal background check and completion of a training program to meet federal content requirements.
- Meet basic academic requirements in math and reading.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Register with the state regulatory authority.
Need help meeting one or more of these requirements? Don’t worry! At Philadelphia Job Corps, our staff will be with you every step of the way to make sure you have all the tools and resources you need to check those boxes and start your training.
Meet Your Instructors:
I have been in the medical field for over 20 years. I am a Certified Medical Assistant and a Certified Home Health Aid. I am an HHA instructor and love teaching the students here at Job Corps. My passion is working with young adults to help them become successful in a career.
When it comes time to get a job, our staff will make sure you are connected with local employers. Philadelphia Job Corps Certified Nursing Assistants grads have been hired by these featured companies and organizations:
- Aveanna, Home Helpers
looking to hire workers with on-the-job training?