The skills you will gain:
- Administering CPR
- Conducting glucose tests
- Taking a patient’s pulse
- Learning how to use an automated external defibrillator and to keep airways open.
- Caring for patients by using a bag-valve mask in order to help with breathing issues
The career options you will have:
Most of our EMT graduates go on to be paramedics, firefighters, or health technologists. There are both full-time and part-time positions available for this training area.
The credentials you will earn:
As a Philadelphia Job Corps student, you will have the opportunity to earn credentials in your job training area. This will set you apart from others in your field and may lead to greater employment opportunities, higher wages, and promotions.
In the Emergency Medical Technician training program, you will earn nationally recognized credentials from the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians.
- NREMT Certification
The requirements you need to start training:
- Complete the core curriculum with passing scores on all written and performance tests.
- Meet basic academic requirements in math and reading.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Have a clean criminal record.
- Meet strenuous physical requirements.
Need help meeting one or more of these requirements? Don’t worry! At Philadelphia Job Corps, our staff will be with you every step of the way to make sure you have all the tools and resources you need to check those boxes and start your training.
Meet Your Instructors:
has been with the Philadelphia Job Corps Center for 9 years. He has over 20 years experience in emergency medical services. He also serves as a state evaluator for the Pennsylvania Department of Health and assists the Philadelphia Fire Department cadets, Thomas Jefferson University, University of Pennsylvania, Drexel, and Temple EMS services.
When it comes time to get a job, our staff will make sure you are connected with local employers. Philadelphia Job Corps Emergency Medical Technician grads have been hired by these featured companies and organizations:
- Safety First
- Keystone Quality Transport
looking to hire workers with on-the-job training?