The skills you will gain:
- Preparing medications under the direction of a pharmacist
- Measuring, mixing, counting, labeling, and recording amounts and dosages of medications
- Following prescriptions orders
- Establishing or maintaining patient profiles
- Receiving written prescriptions or refill requests
- Verifying patient information is correct and accurate
- Maintaining proper storage and security of drugs
The career options you will have:
Most of our Pharmacy Technician graduates work full time for pharmacies, including those found in grocery and drug stores, and in hospitals.
The credentials you will earn:
As a Philadelphia Job Corps student, you will have the opportunity to earn credentials in your job training area. This will set you apart from others in your field and may lead to greater employment opportunities, higher wages, and promotions.
In the Pharmacy Technician training program, you will earn nationally recognized credentials from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
The requirements you need to start training:
- Have a clean criminal record and background check, meaning you can’t have been convicted of a drug- or pharmacy-related felony within the last 5 years.
- Complete the core curriculum with passing scores on all written and performance tests.
- Have strong math and reading skills.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
Need help meeting one or more of these requirements? Don’t worry! At Philadelphia Job Corps, our staff will be with you every step of the way to make sure you have all the tools and resources you need to check those boxes and start your training
Meet Your Instructors:
is a certified pharmacy technician at the Philadelphia Job Corps Institute. She helped to construct the training curriculum and worked to launch the program for students in 2014.
When it comes time to get a job, our staff will make sure you are connected with local employers. Philadelphia Job Corps Pharmacy Technician grads have been hired by these featured companies and organizations:
- Spectrum Health Services
looking to hire workers with on-the-job training?