Emergency Medical Technician
Are you passionate about serving others? Do you work well under pressure and have a strong ability to adapt?
Then you may be a good fit for Job Corps’ Emergency Medical Technician training program.
On the job, you will ...
- Care for sick or injured people in emergency medical settings
- Respond to emergency and 911 calls
- Perform immediate medical services
- Transport patients to medical facilities
- Report observations and treatment to physicians, nurses or other health care staff
Some of the career options you will have ...
Individuals with their emergency medical technician credentials often go on to work for hospitals, private companies or local governments.
The credentials you will earn ...
In the Emergency Medication Technician training program, you will earn nationally recognized credentials from the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians.
- NREMT certification
- Driver’s license
- CPR certification
Students should also earn a state-issued learner’s permit and driver’s license upon completion of the program.
What you’ll need to start training ...
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent (can be earned at all Job Corps centers)
- Completion of all introductory and career preparation courses
- Passing scores on all written and performance tests
- Meet academic (math and reading) requirements
- Compliance with state and federal requirements that may involve a criminal background check